Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dreams

"Untitled" by Sheila Steele

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."-William Butler Yeats

"All men dream, but unequally. Those that dream at night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake the next day to find that their dreams were just vanity. But those who dream during the day with their eyes wide open are dangerous men; they act out their dreams to make them reality."
-Thomas E. Lawrence

"The end of wisdom is to dream high enough to lose the dream in the seeking of it."-William Faulkner

"If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream less but to dream more, to dream all the time."
-Marcel Proust

"I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind."-Emily Bronte

"How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal, and you have to be willing to work for it." -Jim Valvano

"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream."-Vincent Van Gogh

"Only when we break the mirror and climb into our vision,
only when we are the wind together streaming and singing,
only in the dream we become with our bones for spears,
we are real at last
and wake."-Marge Piercy

“Both dreams and myths are important communications from ourselves to ourselves. If we do not understand the language in which they are written, we miss a great deal of what we know and tell ourselves in those hours when we are not busy manipulating the outside world.”- Erich Fromm

“We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.”- William Shakespeare, The Tempest

"All books are either dreams or swords."-
Amy Lowell

"When I dream, I am ageless."-Elizabeth Coatsworth


"Untitled" by Sheila Steele

No comments: