Sunday, October 7, 2007

Horses

"Horses and children, I often think, have a lot of the good sense there is in the world." -Josephine Demott Robinson (1865–1948), U.S. circus performer. The Circus Lady, ch. 16 (1926).

"When I bestride him, I soar, I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes." -William Shakespeare, Henry V

"Think, when we talk of horses, that you see them
Printing their proud hooves i’ the receiving earth;
For ‘tis your thoughts that now must deck our kings."
-William Shakespeare, Chorus, in Henry V, prologue

"The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire." -Sharon Ralls Lemon

"In riding a horse we borrow freedom." -Helen Thomson

"If a horse has four legs, and I'm riding it, I think I can win"
-Angel Cordero

No comments: